Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny set for Marseille move after falling down pecking order under Unai Emery

Dream Team FC
Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny set for Marseille move after falling down pecking order under Unai Emery

Mohamed Elneny could be heading out of the Arsenal exit door, according to reports.

The 26-year-old midfielder appears to have fallen out of favour at The Emirates since Unai Emery’s arrival this summer.

Mohamed Elneny could be heading out of the Arsenal exit doorMohamed Elneny could be heading out of the Arsenal exit doorGetty

And The Mirror claim Marseille are weighing up a swoop for the Egyptian international.

The transfer window for English clubs to sign players closed last week.

However the European one remains open until the end of the month and the French side are believed to be considering making a move for Elneny.

Lucas Torreira and Mateo Guendouzi have increased the competition for places in the middle of the park since joining the Gunners.

The Egyptian looks like he will struggle for match action under new boss Unai EmeryThe Egyptian looks like he will struggle for match action under new boss Unai EmeryGetty Mohamed Elneny is wanted by French side MarseilleMohamed Elneny is wanted by French side MarseilleGetty FIFA 19 Standard and Champions Editions are available to pre-order from GAME and Amazon

The latter started Sunday’s Premier League opener against Manchester City alongside Aaron Ramsey and Granit Xhaka with Torreira coming off the bench.

Elneny was an unused sub in the 2-0 defeat and it looks like his chances of match action could be limited.

His contract was due to expire in 2020 but he penned a new four-year deal back in March.

That move helped to protect his value, which could lead to Arsenal deciding to cash in within the next fortnight if Marseille come knocking for the anchorman.

Elneny revealed earlier this year he had refused an opportunity to leave the Gunners in order to commit his future to the club.

He said: “There were some clubs interested in me because I was not playing enough games and maybe they thought they could sign me or even have me on loan.

“I heard about this in the news just like everyone else and I was not interested at all.

“I spoke with the people here at the club and I told them, ‘I don’t want to leave. I want to fight for my position.’

“I trust myself, I have a dream to pursue and I am not going to give up on it. I dream big and this is one of the biggest clubs in the world and I want to stay. The club welcomed my decision to stay and that was the end of it.

“People were saying, ‘You aren’t playing enough games, maybe you should leave or go on loan somewhere’ but I wanted to prove myself.”

THESE ARE THE CHEAPEST PLACES TO BUY FIFA 19 – PICK IT UP HERE:

FIFA 19 at GAME – from £54.99 – pre-order now FIFA 19 at Amazon – from £54.99 – pre-order now

No comments:

Post a Comment